Each week FIFA Ultimate Team assembles the best players from international and club competition around the world. This collection of players is available to challenge in FIFA Ultimate Team.
No lead is safe against FC Barcelona. On Sunday, Getafe welcomed the giants to the Madrid suburb and proceeded to take a quick 2:0 lead after only 14 minutes. But in a flash later that half, Pedro scored three goals in less than ten minutes to give his club the 2:3 lead. Barcelona would score two more goals in the second half to end the match 2:5 and keep them in first place heading into the New Year.
Emmanuel Adebayor scored twice for Tottenham Hotspur in their 2:3 victory over Southampton on Sunday. The victory ended their two-match losing streak across all competitions and was a necessity for them if they hope to still stay in the hunt amongst the very crowded top half of the Barclays Premier League.
Returning to Spain, matches between Valencia and Real Madrid are almost always exciting and their contest on Sunday was a thrill, with the visitors Real Madrid winning the match 2:3. One of the standout players for the Madrid-side was Ángel Di María who opened the scoring in the 28th minute then earned an assist on Cristiano Ronaldo’s goal in the 40th minute. The victory keeps Real Madrid in 3rd place, only five points out of first place.
Starting XI (Playing 4-3-3)
- GK: Nicolas Penneteau – Valenciennes FC (France)
- LB: Eliaquim Mangala – FC Porto (Portugal)
- CB: Mehdi Benatia – AS Roma (Italy)
- CB: Diego Godín – Atlético de Madrid (Spain)
- RB: Sebastian Prödl – Werder Bremen (Germany)
- LM: Eric Bauthéac – OGC Nice (France)
- CAM: Yohan Cabaye – Newcastle United (England)
- RM: Ángel Di María – Real Madrid (Spain)
- ST: Shinji Okazaki – 1. FSV Mainz 05 (Germany)
- ST: Emmanuel Adebayor – Tottenham Hotspur (England)
- ST: Pedro – FC Barcelona (Spain)
Substitutes and Reserves
- GK: Esteban – UD Almería (Spain)
- CB: Liam Moore – Leicester City (England)
- CAM: Ross Barkley – Everton (England)
- RM: Sami Allagui – Hertha BSC (Germany)
- ST: Luca Toni – Hellas Verona (Italy)
- ST: Michael de Leeuw – FC Groningen (Netherlands)
- ST: Andrea Caracciolo – Brescia (Italy)
The Team of the Week is available to play against each and every week in FIFA Ultimate Team. TOTW items are available by chance when opening FIFA Ultimate Team Packs.
FIFA 14 is available now everywhere. Pick up your copy today.