For the entire month of September 2012, seventy of Orlando's top restaurants will serve up three-course prix-fixe dinners for $30 during Visit Orlando's Magical Dining Month. The newly-updated OrlandoMagicalDining.com features menus, message boards, reservations and a mobile version launching late August. In addition, the month-long event will benefit the Edgewood Children's Ranch, with $1 from every meal donated to the organization.
Now in its 7th year, Magical Dining Month continues to grow with the addition of new restaurants to Orlando's ever-expanding dining scene, including Fogo de Chão, Prickly Pear and Nick's Italian Kitchen. This year's restaurant list boasts a wide variety of unique atmospheres and cuisines spread across six unique dining districts:
- Convention District - This area, encompassing International Drive, hosts the largest concentration of Magical Dining restaurants, including popular steakhouses like The Capital Grille, Charley's Steak House and Vito's Chop House.
- Disney/Lake Buena Vista District - Known for its world-class theme parks and resorts, this upbeat district offers up upscale, fine dining restaurants including The Venetian Room, Todd English's bluezoo and La Luce by Donna Scala.
- Downtown District - In the midst of trendy neighborhoods and endless nighttime entertainment options, downtown Orlando hosts local favorites including Citrus Restaurant, Funky Monkey Wine Company, Le Coq Au Vin and The Boheme.
- Universal/CityWalk District - Fully-themed, Universal area restaurants include Emeril's Tchoup Chop at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Bice Ristorante at the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel and The Palm at Hard Rock Hotel.
- Restaurant Row District - This one-mile stretch of Sand Lake Road is a mecca for upscale and casual restaurants, including Roy's Hawaiian Fusion, Timpano Italian Chophouse and Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine. Featured seafood restaurants in the area include Ocean Prime, Moonfish, Big Fin Seafood Kitchen and Fishbones.
Winter Park District - Signature restaurants - unique to the Orlando area - including Luma on Park and Chez Vincent make up this quaint, picturesque district just north of downtown Orlando.